We offer FULL grooming services! You can book online or call us directly.
We are Fear Free Certified and 1 on 1 groomers. We endeavour to ensure the calmest environment for your pet. This means there are very rarely multiple dogs in the grooming salon at one time which is ideal for dog reactive dogs. For this reason we DO NOT offer daycare or petsitting services and greatly appreciate prompt pick up for your pet.
We do not have a breed/weight/size limit.
We offer sedation free teeth cleaning on specific clinic dates! Click the Teeth Cleaning link to learn more.
We have a luxurious self serve pet wash area separate from the rest of the retail area with ergonomic tub & all the amenities you could think of so that you can give your dog a bath. You can walk in anytime to use the bath area if it's available, OR book ahead online to guarantee your preferred time.
At the bottom of this page
YES! You can book nail trim appointments online here!
We offer cat trims & cat grooming by appointment only
We're open to seeing if your pet is the right fit for us. We're happy to do a meet & greet as many times as necessary to build trust with your dog until they're comfortable being handled by us. This can be a lengthy process and cannot be rushed. However, we do not want to put our health & safety (and limbs) or your dog's health & safety in jeopardy. If we are unable to handle your pet safely we simply refer you to your vet.
We are a 1 on 1 groomer to ensure the calmest environment for your pet. This means there are very rarely multiple dogs in the grooming salon at one time which is ideal for dog reactive dogs who are comfortable with people, but not other pets.
Maybe?! Check us out in store or online! We sell a large volume of kibble in all shapes, sizes, flavours & price points!
Heck yes we do! We have everything you might need for all life stages.
Of course! We LOVE ALL dogs!
If your pup is nervous, fearful or skittish let us know! We can absolutely, without hesitation, put our shop dog Winnie behind her puppy gate or in our back room to ensure you have a stress free shopping experience.
Sure do! There is parking behind the store, street parking out front and in the neighbourhood streets.
We are on Facebook & Instagram @pupperpalacevan
Please tag us in your pupper photos & videos!
Winnie is Pupper Palace's Chief Barketing Officer, Product Tester, Nap Expert & Part Owner.
Winnie is a very friendly 6 year old Golden Retriever rescue and loves to say hi. She loves pets, informing you of her preferred treato choices, will help you make the best decision for your pup and will even carry items to the till for you if you hand them to her.
Winnie keeps pretty regular pawffice hours so you can stop by and give her pets anytime.
Pupper Palace is committed to following all protocols & legislation as outlined by our local & provincial health authorities.
Forgot your mask? No problem, we can provide you with one. Please use the hand sanitizer provided for you.
We offer tap for debit & credit purchases.
We're happy to provide this service for anyone who wishes.
Our pet wash area is thoroughly sanitized between uses. In addition, all shop surfaces are cleaned & sanitized constantly throughout the day with a deep clean nightly.
If you are a person with a compromised immune system and may require a shopping time outside of regular hours to avoid any possibility of interacting with other people so that you can further reduce any possibility of contracting Covid-19 please give us a call to see how we can accommodate you.
Be the first to hear about upcoming sales, new arrivals, and news
I agree to the following:
1. My pet is up to date on all vet prescribed vaccinations (Dogs-Rabies, DHPP and Bordetella)
2. If it is necessary for the safety of your pet and the groomer/stylist, muzzles, elastic collars, slings, straps etc. will be humanely used. You must inform us if your pet bites or has ever bitten any person or other animal.
3. I am aware that if my pet does not respond to the groomer/stylist and remain still during the grooming procedure, accidents can happen such as nicks from clippers, scissors or toenail trimmers. If you arrive early to pick up your pet and they are still being groomed, please do NOT talk to them or allow him/her to see you! An excited pet can be dangerous to work on. We reserve the right to end the grooming session even if the groom is not completed and the full grooming price will be charged. For the pet to properly respond to the groom, it is essential that the pet be alone with the groomer/stylist and clients will not assist in the grooming unless requested to do so.
4. Client assumes all liabilities, financial and otherwise, for the behavior and health of their pet. The groomer will be held harmless from damages, loss or claims arising from any known or unknown pre-existing condition of the pet.
5. Client will advise us of any allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing medical conditions so we can avoid aggravating these situations. Products not labeled for use on animals can be used for grooming but only with your permission. Please let us know of any prior grooming history you or your dog may not have found satisfactory. We want to avoid the repetition of poor or unpleasant experiences or situations.
6. Pupper Palace understands that some dogs are extremely sensitive to certain grooming procedures such as nail trimming and/or ear cleaning. It is not our intent to cause your dog discomfort. Although these are routine procedures normally performed for the well-being of the pet, we will not continue with any grooming procedure that will cause pain, discomfort to the pet or harm to the groomer/stylist. Sometimes for a more sensitive dog, these procedures are best left to the care of a veterinarian.
7. Client authorizes the groomer/stylist to act as his/her agent in the event emergency veterinary services, boarding, care-taking, and/or transportation is necessary and agrees to pay all costs. Any/all damages or claims shall include but not be limited to advanced age, extreme nervousness, neurosis, illness, previous injury, skin or coat conditions or other medical conditions.
8. If fleas are found on your pet, the groomer/stylist will administer a flea bath to eradicate the fleas in order to maintain salon sanitation. This is at the groomer/stylist's discretion and at the client's expense. The shampoo is gentle, non-alkaline and hypoallergenic.
9.Mats can be very difficult to remove and your pet may receive a "shave down" to remove them. Under this circumstance, a shave down is the only way to allow the skin to receive necessary oxygen and for new, healthy hair to grow. Charges for the shave down or shaving ears and tail if they are matted are determined on a per pet basis. If the client requests the mats be combed out, the groomer/stylist will not do so if it causes the pet undue stress or pain. Excessive de-matting is a painful, time-consuming and costly procedure that causes extreme discomfort and can aggravate (or cause) skin problems.
I am aware that neglect of my pet’s coat can be cause for problems after grooming/shave down such as clipper/brush irritation, itchiness, failure of hair to re-grow and make my pet prone to sunburn.
10. Shave downs or custom cuts that are outside normal specific breed haircuts will be discussed and the groomer/stylist will perform the cuts to the best of his/her understanding of the client's directions and his/ her ability but no other guarantee is made.
11. Every effort will be made to keep our scheduled grooms running smoothly. If your pet has behavior issues or skin and coat problems, you may be looking at a longer period of time.
12. Our groomers/stylists are trained professionals. We reserve the right to alter or cease any groom in the event that our staff determines it is in your pet's best interest or your pet displays aggressive behavior. Client understands that we have the right to refuse service to the client’s pet at any time for any reason.
13. We will use extra care and patience for older pets; however, we will not be held responsible for any reaction due to the mental or physical stress of grooming geriatric pets. If in our judgment, brushing or clipping is determined to cause too much stress to the pet, we will modify or terminate services. Please be sure to notify us of any health conditions that might make your pet uncomfortable during the bathing, drying, or clipping phases. Any grooming which takes place on an elderly or frail pet is conducted at your risk.